Are you thinking that you can’t afford to make it to the NASRO Conference or can’t afford to bring the family? You can’t afford NOT TO!
“Preparation is key and knowledge is power!”
With that in mind, we would like to offer a number of tips to you that will assist you in attending the NASRO conference in Reno and make every dollar count. Our goal is to save you both time and money as you prepare for a week of incredible training and networking.
- First off, our block of rooms at the Peppermill is nearly sold out. If you have not booked your room, do so right away! Discounted room rates end May 31 or when sold out, whichever occurs first. The link for our block is available on the NASRO website. Don’t be left out of staying at THE conference hotel. Once our block is gone, we will then provide information for overflow lodging.
- There are a number of restaurants inside the Peppermill Resort.
- Most affordable:
- Terrace Lounge and Biscotti Bar (bar only, not restaurant) – both bars are located in the convention center area. They offer “happy hour” prices from 4pm to 7pm Monday through Friday. This includes half-price on “small plates” which are actually very large. Enough food for a meal at $5.50 to $7.75.
- Fireside Lounge – Soups, salads, chicken fingers, burgers and wings from $6.00 to $15.00.
- Sports Deli – Soups, deli sandwiches and pizza from $8.25 to $13.00.
- Most affordable:
- The hotel has two beautiful pools, open from 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- Each room offers mini-fridge and coffee maker. Microwaves are limited but provided on request.
- Game Lab Arcade offers over 108 games for kids. New games are $0.75 to $1.00. Classic games such as Frogger and PacMan are $0.25. Ask for coupons at check-in to receive $10.00 worth of free play with the purchase of a $10.00 Game Lab Play.
- Ask for 2 for 1 cocktail coupons at check-in.
- There are a lot of restaurant choices inside and outside of the Peppermill.
- Bring your government, military, or students ID. Various Reno establishments offer discounts.
- Traveling by car:
- Pack snacks and drinks. This will help to limit stops for fuel and meals. Start saving coupons for any national chain restaurants. Look for restaurants where kids eat free.
- Traveling by air:
- Remember the 3 oz. limit on liquids and gels in carry-on luggage.
- Pack snacks in your carry-on to avoid high priced airport/airline foods.
- Keep your cell charger in your carry-on luggage as most airlines now offer on-board charging capabilities.
- Local information:
- Lake Tahoe is located 33.3 miles from the Peppermill. It is a beautiful drive and a must-see location.
- Virginia City is located 22.2 miles from the Peppermill. Touristy area but a lot of fun. Visit their website at visitvirginiacitynv.com
- The Auto Museum is located a short walk from the resort. automuseum.org
- Wild Island is a water park located approximately 9 miles from the Peppermill. It also includes bowling, mini-golf, go-carts and laser mazes. wildisland.com
- Reno Riverwalk District is also near the resort. renoriver.org
- Midtown Art Walk is celebrating it’s 10th anniversary. More information can be found at www.midtownartwalk.com and www.renoisartown.com. Most of their events are free!
See the conference section of the NASRO website for more cost-saving tips.