Region 5 Director Nominations
REGION 5 DIRECTOR NOMINATIONS
The NASRO Board of Directors will have a Regional Director vacancy to fill for Region 5 which includes IA, IL, IN, MO, and KS. Nominations will be received until 09/01/2019 at 4:30 pm CST. Regional Directors normally serve a three-year term. Since the position will be made mid-term the selection will be made by appointment. The appointee will serve until the end of the original term: Summer 2020.
Please review all of the NASRO Bylaws (revised 07/25/2018) before making a nomination or accepting a nomination.
- Must be a Regular Member in good standing;
- Must be a sworn/commissioned Law Enforcement Officer;
- Must reside in the region where elected;
- Must be employed or appointed as a School Resource Officer (or substantially similar position) or an SRO Supervisor;
- Must have taken and completed the NASRO Basic SRO Course;
- Must meet all other requirements required by the Bylaws or the Policy and Procedures of NASRO;
- Must be able to attend Board Meetings throughout the year, both in person and by teleconference.
All nominations should be submitted via the 2019 Nomination Form and made by a regular member in good standing. Self-nominations are accepted if co-signed by another regular member in good standing. All nominations must be received in the NASRO office no later than September 1, 2019, at 4:30 pm CST.
The open Regional Director position will be appointed due to a vacancy and will not go through an election process.
The results of the appointment will be announced on or after September 1, 2019.