Region 5 Director Nominations
REGION 5 DIRECTOR NOMINATIONS
The NASRO Board of Directors will have a Regional Director vacancy to fill for Region 5 which includes IA, IL, IN, MO, and KS. This position will be filled on the Friday at the end of the National Conference in Pigeon Forge, Tn. (June 28, 2019) Nominations will be received between 04/15/2019 and 5/31/2019 at 4:00 pm CST. Regional Directors normally serve a three-year term. Since the position will be made mid-term the selection will be made by appointment. The appointed will serve from June 28, 2019, until the time the original term is up: Summer 2020. Please review all of the NASRO Bylaws (revised 07/25/2018) before making a nomination or accepting a nomination.
- Must be a Regular Member in good standing;
- Must be a sworn/commissioned Law Enforcement Officer;
- Must reside in the region where elected;
- Must be employed or appointed as a School Resource Officer (or substantially similar position) or an SRO Supervisor;
- Must have taken and completed the NASRO Basic SRO Course;
- Must meet all other requirements required by the Bylaws or the Policy and Procedures of NASRO;
- Must be able to attend Board Meetings throughout the year, both in person and by teleconference.
All nominations should be submitted via the 2019 Nomination Form and made by a regular member in good standing. Self-nominations are accepted if co-signed by another regular member in good standing. All nominations must be received in the NASRO office no later than May 31, 2019, at 4:00 pm CST.
The open Regional Director position will be appointed due to a vacancy and will not go through an election process.
The results of the appointment will be announced on or after June 1, 2019.