2018 REGIONAL DIRECTOR APPOINTMENTS – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR REGIONS 1 & 9
The NASRO Board of Directors currently has two vacancies to fill. Nominations will be received between 09/01/2018 and 10/15/2018 at 5:00 pm CST. Regional Directors normally serve a three-year term. Since we will be filling these positions mid-term, the selections will be made by appointment. Those appointed will serve from November 1, 2018, until the time the original term is up: Summer 2020. Please review all of the NASRO Bylaws (revised 07/25/2018) before making a nomination or accepting a nomination.
The following Regional Director Positions are open for nominations:
- Region 1 – Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, USVI, Puerto Rico
- Region 9 – Alaska, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii
- Must be a Regular Member in good standing;
- Must be a sworn/commissioned Law Enforcement Officer;
- Must reside in the region where elected;
- Must be employed or appointed as a School Resource Officer (or substantially similar position) or an SRO Supervisor;
- Must have taken and completed the NASRO Basic SRO Course;
- Must meet all other requirements required by the Bylaws or the Policy and Procedures of NASRO;
- Must be able to attend Board Meetings throughout the year, both in person and by teleconference.
All nominations should be submitted via the 2018 Nomination Form and made by a regular member in good standing. Self-nominations are accepted if co-signed by another regular member in good standing. All nominations must be received in the NASRO office no later than October 15, 2018, at 5:00 pm CST.
The open Regional Director positions will be appointed due to vacancies and will not go through an election process.
The results of the appointments will be announced on or after November 1, 2018.