2018 ELECTIONS – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The 2018 NASRO Election Committee seeks candidates to serve on the Board of Directors. Please review all of NASRO Bylaws (revised 02/01/2017) before making a nomination or accepting a nomination.
The following two-year positions are open for nominations:
- Executive Board – 2nd Vice President (must have already served a two-year term as a Regional Director)
- Executive Board – Treasurer (must have already served a two-year term as a Regional Director)
The following three-year positions are open for nominations:
- Region 2 – Kentucky, Ohio, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, District of Columbia
- Region 4 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region 6 – Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee
- Region 8 – Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Must be a Regular Member in good standing;
- Must be a sworn/commissioned Law Enforcement Officer;
- Must reside in the region where elected;
- Must be employed or appointed as a School Resource Officer (or substantially similar position) or an SRO Supervisor;
- Must have taken and completed the NASRO Basic SRO Course;
- Must meet all other requirements required by the Bylaws or the Policy and Procedures of NASRO;
- Must be able to attend Board Meetings throughout the year, both in person and by teleconference.
All nominations should be submitted via the 2018 Nomination Form and made by a regular member in good standing. Self-nominations are accepted if co-signed by another regular member in good standing. All nominations must be received in the NASRO office no later than January 1, 2018, at 5:00 pm CST.
If more than one nomination is received for a position, an electronic election will be held. Prior to the election, information on each candidate will be posted on the NASRO website. That information may include a biography, photo and campaign platform.
The results of the election will be announced at the annual meeting of the Regular Members during the National Conference in Reno, Nevada, June 29, 2018.