2019 Awards Nominations
It is time again to start putting together your nominations for the 2019 NASRO Awards to be given at our National Conference to be held in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee the week of June 23, 2019.
Awards to be Presented:
2019 NASRO Model Agency Award – 2019 Model Agency Award Nomination Form
- Model Agency Award – The Model Agency Awards are presented to agencies that exemplify the NASRO Triad Concept, training, policies and standards. These practices ensure professional service to the school community.
2019 Floyd Ledbetter National School Resource Officer of the Year Award – 2019 General Awards Nomination Form
- Floyd Ledbetter National School Resource Officer of the Year Award The Floyd Ledbetter National SRO of the Year Award recognizes an SRO that has made a specific and significant contribution to their local town, city, county and/or school district. These honorees are nominated by their peers, supervisors, school/school district, students and faculty.
2019 Regional Exceptional Service Award – 2019 General Awards Nomination Form
- Regional Exceptional Service Awards The Exceptional Service Awards are present to those individuals for continuous and sustained service to the school community above and beyond that expected of a normal SRO or school staff member.
2019 Nicholas Derzis Safe School Leadership Award – 2019 General Awards Nomination Form
- Nicholas Derzis Safe School Leadership Award The Safe SchoolLeadership Awards are presented to those individuals that are willing to support and further develop the SRO partnership, exemplify leadership, innovation, dedication and proactive measures to enhance the safety of the school community.
2019 National Award of Valor – 2019 General Awards Nomination Form
- National Award of Valor The National Valor Awards are given for a single act of courage and valor, above and beyond that expected of normal incidents/actions of an SRO / school staff member.
2019 National Road Safety Foundation and NASRO “Innovation in the Classroom Award” – 2019 Innovation in the Classroom Application
- Innovation in the Classroom The National Road Safety Foundation and NASRO have partnered together to sponsor the Innovation in the Classroom Award which is given for the development of creative, innovated programs that educate young people about traffic safety.
2019 ALICE Training Institute and NASRO Jake Ryker HERO Award – Click here for more information and to submit an application.
- Jake Ryker HERO Award ALICE Training Institute and NASRO have partnered together to sponsor the Jake Ryker HERO Award to honor individuals who stand up in the face of danger and act. The award is given to K12 Staff members or students who engage in some act during a critical incident that is deemed to have reduced and/or mitigated casualties.
As indicated on the nomination form, the deadline to have ALL required information turned into NASRO is May 1, 2019, at 5:00 CST. All documents are to be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 205-536-9255. If the file is too large to send via email, please send a link to a Google Drive document.